EA Superstar Smackdown, know in Japan as Electronic Arts' Greatest! All-Star Battle (エレクトロニック·アーツ"グレイ！オールスターバトル, Erekutoronikku Ātsu Gurei! Ōrusutā Batoru), is a fighting game in which various EA game characters appear. It is for Wii, Nintendo 3DS, and PlayStation 3. It is rated T for mild language, animated blood, cartoon violence, and mild suggestive themes.
- Isaac Clarke (Dead Space)
- Alice (American McGee's Alice)
- Tyson Rios (Army of Two)
- Elliot Salem (Army of Two)
- Natasha Volkova (Command and Conquer)
- Faith Connors (Mirror's Edge)
- Gorilda Gert (Boom Blox)
- Max Gert (Boom Blox)
- Dante (Dante's Inferno)
- Male Commander Shepard (Mass Effect)
- Female Commander Shepard (Mass Effect)
- Sim* (MySims)
- Buddy (MySims)
- Ty the Tasmanian Tiger (Ty the Tasmanian Tiger)
(*This character must be created by the player. The term "Sim" will be replaced with the Sim's name once created.)
The gameplay is similar to the Smash Bros. series or Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. During battle characters can either knock each other off stage to K.O. others or use special moves (called "Star Powers") to score kills. Some Star Powers are completely automatic, but some may involve some sort of button-mashing or toggling.
In story mode, the player chooses a character and plays as them in a story about that character. Like Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, each character has a rival. The rival match-ups are:
- Issac Clarke-Natasha Volkova
- Elliot Salem-Male Commander Shepard
- Tyson Rios-Female Commander Shepard
- Gorilda Gert-Sim
- Dante-Max Gert
- Faith Connors-Alice
- Buddy-Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
At the end of each arcade mode, the character that the player is using must fight a large, mutated version of themselves. (Note: If you are playing as your custom Sim, it will simply be a generic male or female Sim.) After defeating their mutant clones, the characters earn the Ultimate Star Power.
- Flame Thrower
- Wandolier Wand
- Boom Block
- Time Bombs
- In this game, Buddy speaks full sentences instead of Simlish. The player's Sim doesn't speak, but Rosalyn narrates the story for the Sim.
- The reason that there are only 14 characters so far is due to the lack of EA games that YoungOtakuNerd had to work with.
- The fact that there are two Commander Shepards derives from the fact that, in the Mass Effect, the player can choose Shepard's gender before the game starts.
- The term "Star Power" is also used in the Rock Band series. Coincidentally, this series is also from EA, so it could be seen as an accidental reference.